As with most any intimate relationship, those in a marriage have an everlasting need for affection. And while the romance may wax and wane, affection and showing it remains a very important cornerstone to a healthy relationship. So, what is affection in a married relationship? Of course when you all were hot and heavy it was nothing to show affection. There were the kisses stolen when others weren’t looking, the pat on the backside, holding hands when walking along, and so many other things that seemed to just happen because you were so in love and just had to touch your mate. That feeling can be recaptured!
Here is how as suggested by iloveindia.com:
Ways To Express Your Love In Relationships
- Hold your sweetheart’s hand whenever you are walking together. It helps in creating a sense of intimacy and bonds the couple well.
- While your partner is busy cooking in the kitchen, grab him/ her from behind and give a squeeze or a kiss on the neck. This action will make your beloved feel loved and adored.
- Take every opportunity to touch your partner. This will help create a warm, cozy feeling between the two of you. Make your relationship strong and sensual by loving your partner and caressing him/ her whenever you find the time.
- Snuggle up with your beloved while you are sitting in front of the television or lying in bed. This will make your partner feel a genuine adoration towards you and he/she will become more warm, tender and loving.
- Tell your partner how much you missed him/her throughout the day, by grabbing him/her as soon as he/she walks in the door, in the evening. Let him/her know that you are lucky to meet him/her and have him/her in your life. Hold hands, hug and kiss him/her to show your affection.
- Frequently, offer your partner some help in the usual tasks. Brush his/her hair, massage his/her back or do his/her nails to show your warmth and care. These activities will bring the two of you closer, in a variety of ways.
- Be kind enough to make a cup of coffee in the morning and bring it to your partner, while he/she is still in bed. You can surprise him/her with his/her favorite breakfast as well.
- Take a shower with your partner and bathe him/her slowly. Intimacy cannot be expressed, if you are in a hurry.
- Fill your room with scented seduction candles, with musk, patchouli, pine, and cedar or juniper fragrance. Turn off the lights and let the seductive fragrance create more romance in your relationship.
- Plan a short vacation or a getaway to show your affection towards your partner. Arrange a trip to a health spa or a hotel, where you can concentrate on each other without being bothered by the world.
- Make a handmade greeting card for your partner. Draw or paint some flowers on it and include some sweet words on the inside. Add value to the card by expressing your feelings in it, as this will make your partner feel special.
This is by no means a comprehensive list of things you can do, but the suggestions should get your mind going! My advice is to tailor your efforts to your relationship and go from there. Nine times out of ten, if you are in need of affection, so is your spouse! One of you have take the initiative! GO FOR IT! When you get the chance, plunge head first into it and you may be surprised just how much your spouse will respond!!
Remember, the best love is that which is shared!
Originally Published: http://www.examiner.com/article/the-importance-of-affection
Photo in article credit to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skedonk/