Ok ladies and gentleman, we did a little study on ‘Dating Etiquette for Men’ and we asked a couple gentleman to help us out and here is what they said. Do you agree?
- Think what would “George Clooney do?”.
- Think classic gentleman.
- Take charge when it comes to meeting. Do some research and find a spot with a nice ambiance for dinner or drinks. Be proactive trying to figure out a time to meet up. Accommodate her schedule and availability.
- The little things matter and the ladies will notice. Open doors, pull her chair out, help her with her coat…
- Put the phone away and on silent.
- Flowers are always appreciated, if it seems too forward, save them for the second date.
- Remember to make good eye contact to show you are listening.
- Feel free to talk a bit about yourself but keep the focus of the evening on learning about her.
- Do not talk about your ex or problems at work. The date is about the here and now, not the past.
- A classic gentleman will pick up the check. Always reach for it first.
- Call, don’t text or e-mail and this goes for before the 1st date and to follow up afterwards. It’s just more personal.
Photo Credit: http://kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com/2015/01/date-gentleman.html