1. Because you don’t know when it’s going to happen to you. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen next week, and it could happen in twenty years. But when it does happen, you don’t want to have become so cold-hearted that you can’t receive it.
2. Because if you’re honest, wanting to be numb to the pain that past loves have caused you (or the pain that comes from a lack of past loves), has not made you any happier.
3. Because the different kinds of love you are meant for in your lifetime ought to work alongside each other. If you close yourself off to one, it will probably affect them all.
4. Because even though wanting love can hurt, and it makes you vulnerable and leaves you open to be wounded, it still makes you stronger; the alternative makes you weaker.
5. Because as long as you’re living a life that is as honest and true as possible, you’ll learn to find love in the small, insignificant details of life.
6. Because love – any kind of true love – will make you a better person. Whether it lasts for one important moment in time or a lifetime.
7. Because one of the biggest risks you will ever take in life is love. And as a wise woman (my mother) always says, “It’s risky not to take risks.”
8. Because love doesn’t seem to do what we want it to but that doesn’t it doesn’t do what is best for us at any given time.
9. Because even if it’s not in your cards to have the kind of love that comes with companionship, being in love with those who love you in any way at all, will give you everything you need.
10. Because when you see things through the eyes of love, everything is always more spectacular.
11. Because love makes you believe that anything is possible in a world where people will always tell you to be “realistic.”
12. Because what have you got to lose? Think about it. If you do give up, you could miss out on something magnificent. If you don’t, well the rest will be history as they say.
13. Because life is unpredictable; and so is love. And although that doesn’t always seem like a good thing, somewhere deep down in ourselves, we have to believe it is.
14. Because life is short, even though at times it may feel really long. And something tells me if you give up on love, you’ll end up with a lot of regret.
15. Because you truly can’t be open to life without also being open to love.
16. Because by our very nature as human beings, our souls call us to live a life of love; to love, and to be loved.
17. Because of this: “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
Originally Published: http://thoughtcatalog.com/kovie-biakolo/2014/09/17-truly-beautiful-reasons-you-should-never-give-up-on-love/
Photo Credit: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/love/images/31833229/title/love-3-photo